Basic 16x2 Character LCD - Black on Green 5V
This is a basic 16 character by 2 line display. Black text on Green background. Utilizes the extremely common HD44780 parallel interface chipset (datasheet). Interface code is freely available. You will need ~11 general I/O pins to interface to this LCD screen. Includes LED backlight.
- Dimensions: 3.15" x 1.425"
Works on either 4 bit or 8 bit mode. For Arduino LCD library, Please refer to http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/LiquidCrystal?from=Tutorial.LCDLibrary.
Connections to Arduino
- LCD RS pin to digital pin 12
- LCD Enable pin to digital pin 11
- LCD D4 pin to digital pin 5
- LCD D5 pin to digital pin 4
- LCD D6 pin to digital pin 3
- LCD D7 pin to digital pin 2
Parallel LCDs run off of +5V so you can just solder the Vcc (pin 2 in LCD)wire to 5V and the ground (pin 1 in LCD) wire to GND.
- 10K resistor:
- ends to +5V and ground
- wiper to LCD VO pin (pin 3)
How to run Arduino examples
How to buy
Here to buy Basic 16x2 Character LCD - Black on Green 5V on store.