The LinkerBot platform is a kit which has the following features:
- Simple mechanical structure, and easy to assemble. The assembling instructions are provided.
- Speed encoders are embedded. They can be used to measure the walking distance, speed feedback, etc.
- Battery holder is provided that can hold 4 AA batteries.
- A switch is provided so that user can easily power on and off.
- 1 x Plastic sheet
- 2 x Electric motors
- 2 x Speed encoders
- 4 x Fixtures
- 1 x Omni-directional ball caster metal
- 1 x Battery holder
- 1 x Switch
- Many nuts and bolts
After assembling, it will look as:
The distance between inner rings of tires is 130mm. The distance between outer rings of tires is 150mm.
LinkerBot comes with speed encoder that can be used to measure the speed.
Specification of Motor
|Working Voltage||DC 3V||DC 5V||DC 6V|
|Idle Speed (loaded with tire)||100 rpm||190 rpm||240 rpm|
|Diameter of Tire||6.6cm|
|Idle Linear Speed||20 meters/minute||39 meters/minute||48 meters/minute|
|Size||70mm X 22mm X 18mm|
- Remove the protection paper of plastic sheet, fixture, and speed encoder.
- Insert fixture into the plastic sheet
- Install the speed encoder, and fix the motor to the plastic sheet
Attention: The motor lead should be faced to inside, the speed ebcoder side, cannot install reversed
- Fix the motor to the plastic sheet, insert the screws then tight up the nults
- Insert the screws, and fasten the battery holder
- Insert the copper cylinder, fix the Omni-directional ball caster metal by 8 screws. Pinch the motor(to protect the fixture), then insert it into wheel. Assemble finish.