Serial port controllable MP3 module
From LinkSprite Playgound
This serial port controllable MP3 board uses VS1003B chipset. The serial port is TTL level UART.
- Support whole series MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer 3 (ISO11172-3) coding; (including CBR fixed rate, VBR and ABR) (see appendix). Support WMA, WAV and MID files’ playing
- Use VS1003B as the chipset. Sound quality is excellent. DAC is 18. Dynamic range is 90dB. SNR is 85dB.
- Onboard column diode microphone. It can record automatically. Control the recording through serial ports making it more convenient.
- Support SD specification V1.0,including MMC card (1MB-2GB) produced by SanDisk, Toshiba, and Kingston, SD card, Mini SD card; support SD specification V1.1 including Micro SD card.
- Support FAT12 and FAT16 file system completely;
- Audio data should be arranged followed the agreed file names. The maximum of audio files in each folder can reach 65000. It can play hundreds of thousands of audio files in total.
- Multiple control modes, including direct excerpt choosing mode, loop mode, decoding excerpt mode, interface mode, remote control mode and etc.
- Auto play feature. It can play all audios in one folder automatically. There are no special requirements of file names. Find the audio files automatically, and no needs of external intervention.
- Encryption play features. It can play the audios which are simple different and encrypted. (Optional)
- It has 0-250 level smooth volume adjustment. 0 level is mute and 250 is the max. The interface can control the volume and checking the current volume. The keys’ step value is 16 and divided to 16 levels
- Size: 57mm * 71.5mm (See dimensions);
- Input power can be DC 3.7v-9.1v;
- Support impedance 30 earphone output and external power amplifier
- There is one power indicator and three status indicators. During the playing, the certain indicator is shinning. Working status is straight front.
- Onboard standard 3.5mm power seat and earphone seat make the connection with system more efficiently. The connection also can be achieved by 2.54mm pins.
- Use on-board MCU with flash, and reserved the program download interface. User can make the second development (supply the development board to large volume customer only)
- Standard TDC20 pins (spacing 2.54mm or socket connection to connect.
- Module offers 256 byte EEPROM, no data lose when power off , and support to read and write of single byte of any byte unit through interface
- External MCU interface: both 3.3V and 5V interface level can be connected to the module by connecting lines directly. The I/O level meets the CMOS specifications
- Through serial port commands, it can read the contents of certain sector of specified file in folder on SD card. It uses the FAT buffer technology and the speed of reading large files is still very high.
- Serial port communication uses the interrupt mode. Though in the high speed MP3 playing mode, the host can query the working condition of modes by sending commands and get the responses. User can know whether the mode is working or not by sending query commands,as well as the playing speed.
- Use the hardware independence technology. In the module working mode1, both the interface commands control and the external keys connected through J2 control are effective.
- One TTL UART interface. Output baud rate is 9600 which can be used in testing and communication.
- Serial port commands support to read any sector in SD card and send the data to host to analysis. It makes file system testing and special features achieving easier, such as finding the SD card’s content and file system kinds anglicizing.
- Under working mode II, besides the music playing, the external 8 keys compatible to MSC-51 GPIO completely. They can read I0’s value and write the GPIO, and finish the control of peripheral.