What's the difference between WiFi and Zigbee
The same points:
- Both are short-range wireless communications technology;
- Are using 2.4GHz frequency band;
- Are based on DSSS technology;
- Transmission at different speeds. ZigBee transmission speed is not high (raw data rate250Kbps), but low power consumption, battery-powered general can use more than 3 months; WiFi, is often said that the wireless LAN, a large rate (11Mbps), power consumption is also large, the general external Power;
- LinkSprite however has a low power WiFi technology that has a low power consumption comparable to Zigbee.
- different applications.
ZigBee for low rate, low-power situations, such as wireless sensor networks for industrial control, environmental monitoring, smart home control and other fields. WiFi, is generally used to cover a certain range (such as a building) wireless network technology (about 100 meters range).
- Zigbee generally needs an always-on coordinator node. WiFi generally needs a wireless router. WiFi are widely used for wireless Internet access.
- LinkSprite developes a mesh-network wifi street lighting control system that doesn't need a WiFi router.
- ZigBee market status as an emerging technology, from 2004 released the first version of the standard has been in the midst of rapid development and promotion of them; now because of cost, reliability reasons, no large-scale promotion; WiFi, Technology very mature, the application has a lot. In general, the larger the difference between the two, positioning is different between the competition is not great. But technically the two have in common, mutual interference between the two is quite large, especially for the ZigBee WiFi interference.